Flying Food Service is currently seeking an Airline Food Service Cook.
As a Food Service Cook you will be responsible for:
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
Join Flying Food Group and be part of a dynamic company, honored for steady growth, diversity, and exceptional service and products. Customers include over 80 of the world’s leading airlines-primarily international-plus global retail brands. FFG provides multiple career possibilities at key gateway cities. The company’s team-based structure offers employees mobility, and the chance to collaborate system-wide on meeting customer needs.
Apply now to submit your resume.
Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
Able to be exposed to hot temperatures
Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen/Production room personnel
Cook for Employee cafeteria and In-flight meals
Able to work under pressure and in a fast pace environment
Must be detailed oriented
Work with sharp utensils
Practice safety awareness
Demonstrate good personal hygiene
Follow HACCP compliance
Maintain and update temperature logs
Read and follow airline menu specs